Tuesday, November 18, 2008

don't trust a ho, never trust a ho

When I was younger, my dad used to buy me the toy cars from the Chevron gas stations. You know, the ones that have the eyes? And that was one of the few things him and I have ever bonded over. As I grew older, I didn't really play with them anymore so I decided to give most of them to my friend Deanna's niece, Tristyn. I don't know if she even still has them, but I miss them.

When I was Disneyland in August for Tiffany's birthday, I saw this adorable toy Chevron car that I was sure I never had owned. I decided to buy it for my Dad for his birthday. He loved it.

A few months after that, which was a couple weeks ago or so, he was going to give it to Grayson, my nephew. Which yes, is sweet and all, but I felt like my present didn't even mean all that much to my Dad anymore. It really hurt and it may seem silly to a lot of people, but it's not something I can get over. Ever. Probably because that's like one of the only things I felt close to my Dad with. Those cars.

It's not the same. I wish I didn't ever grow up.

No comments: