Thursday, April 30, 2009

a lifetime of love in a matter of seconds

Every time I say goodbye to Grayson, I ask him for kiss, a hug, or even just a "knuckle shake" (in teen terms, pound it). He almost never gives me any of those; occasionally I'll get a knuckle shake. But today, my mom had come to pick me up from my sister's house after work. We were all just standing in the dining room and my sister was holding Grayson, and he leaned in to kiss me. It was the sweetest thing. I will forever cherish that moment. I wasn't even leaving at that moment, and he gave me a kiss. But of course, as I do go to leave, and my sister says "Grayson, give Janae a kiss and a hug, or a knuckle shake," he does as he usually does (or does NOT, rather) and didn't give me any of them. I didn't even care this time though. That one kiss will last me a lifetime. I love my nephew so much. I can't wait till he gets older and I drive and I can take him to Legoland!

No comments: