Tuesday, April 14, 2009

and though you're out of sight,

you're never, ever out of my mind

I have lived in Simi my entire life, and so that is mostly why I want to get away. But I am pretty sure I'll probably come back here in the future and raise my kids here. It's a nice place to grow up. Although when you're a teenager, you will probably get into trouble. Most of them do, here. It's only because there is nothing better to do. But just because people do stupid things and have bad family life environments, doesn't make them a bad person. If I moved to go live in a neighborhood where almost every family was "perfect" and all the kids were good because they never knew anything else, I'm sure eventually a "bad" family would move to said neighborhood, and the "good" children would get a glimpse of that family's "bad"children, and they would feel extremely superior. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't want my kids thinking they are better than anyone else just because their family life isn't screwed up and they don't make stupid choices like many people do. I think that's why, in the end, I will come back to Simi and raise my children here. I've met some amazing people, despite their choices and their family lives. They are real. That is what I want my kids to know. I want them to know people who are real, and who have experienced things and can teach them about life. After all, life is just a bunch of lessons. Until we learn them all, we won't find the bigger picture.

No comments: